By Paul M. Duvall
For any software program developer who has spent days in “integration hell,” cobbling jointly myriad software program elements, Continuous Integration: bettering software program caliber and decreasing Risk illustrates easy methods to remodel integration from an important evil into a daily a part of the advance method. the most important, because the authors exhibit, is to combine usually and sometimes utilizing non-stop integration (CI) practices and techniques.
The authors first learn the concept that of CI and its practices from the floor up after which stream directly to discover different powerful tactics played through CI platforms, reminiscent of database integration, checking out, inspection, deployment, and suggestions. via greater than 40 CI-related practices utilizing software examples in numerous languages, readers examine that CI ends up in extra quick software program improvement, produces deployable software program at each step within the improvement lifecycle, and decreases the time among disorder advent and detection, saving time and reducing expenses. With winning implementation of CI, builders lessen dangers and repetitive handbook strategies, and groups obtain greater venture visibility.
The booklet covers
- How to make integration a “non-event” in your software program improvement initiatives
- How to minimize the volume of repetitive tactics you practice whilst construction your software program
- Practices and strategies for utilizing CI successfully together with your groups
- Reducing the dangers of past due illness discovery, low-quality software program, loss of visibility, and shortage of deployable software program
- Assessments of other CI servers and similar instruments at the market
The book’s spouse site, www.integratebutton.com, offers updates and code examples.